Looking for a smartwatch with a classic dial display? Look no further. The ScanWatch from Withings doesn’t look like your standard digital smartwatch, which is ideal for those looking for something a bit more stylish.
This hybrid digital-analog smartwatch includes all the features you need to track your fitness progress in style. Read on and find out more about this functional and beautifully designed watch.
Withings ScanWatch Review
With a battery life of up to 30 days, you will forget that you even need to charge it. Even better, you only need around three hours to get it to a full charge, saving you time.
The Health Mate app is quick and easy to set up on your smartphone and pair with the watch. You will find that the app is straightforward and intuitive enough to provide easy access to all the features.
The sensors located at the back of the watch are designed to be sensitive enough to give you quick and accurate measurements. Other features include an oximetry display, a heart rate monitor, and a breathing disturbances tracker.
You can easily keep track of your sleeping patterns with the automatic sleep monitoring feature. The fact that the watch has a high water-resistant capability will help to keep it safe from fluid damage like sweating.
Unfortunately, this smartwatch from Withings does not come with a dark-out feature, so it might interrupt your sleep time when the display lights up. You also have to guess when the battery is fully charged because there is no indication that the battery is full.
Who Is this Product for?
Because this smartwatch is very easy to use, it is a great option for those who don’t like complicated devices for fitness tracking. If you want to keep track of your daily steps, the accurate tracking feature of this watch is a perfect choice.
Those people who love the classic analog display for their smartwatch on their wrist will find this a great addition to their ensemble. This classic and simplistic look is also a great fit for anyone who has difficulty reading the small digital readouts on a wristwatch.
Anyone else who needs to keep track of the progress but wants to do it with the least trouble will benefit from this smartwatch.
What Is Included?
Upon opening the box that the Withings ScanWatch comes in, you’ll find a nice surprise in the neat packaging used to keep it all together. Inside the packaging is a soft fleece fabric pouch that contains the ScanWatch and the charger with a USB connector.
The pouch has compartments inside for the watch in the main section and a smaller section to keep the charger when not in use. The charger is a round disc where you simply place the watch to charge the batteries.
Also included is a handy user’s manual to quickly set it up and a quick guide is printed on the inside of the box.
Overview Of Features
- It comes with a very long battery life
- Takes only 3 hours to charge fully
- Simple but very functional app for quick access to the features
- Very sensitive ECG sensors for accurate heart rhythm monitoring
- Wrist-based oximetry for oxygen saturation readouts
- Heart rate monitoring and breathing disturbances
- Automatic sleep monitoring to keep track of sleeping patterns
- This smartwatch is also water-resistant to protect against sweat
How To Use It
Using this smartwatch will not require a steep learning curve, making it perfect for even those who are not very tech-savvy.
- The first step is to take it out of the box and charge the battery.
- Charge it by simply connecting the charger to the back of the watch.
- Make sure you get the Withings Health Mate app on your mobile device from Google Play or the App Store.
- Setting your smartwatch up all happens in the app.
- In the app, select the watch model you want to add.
- The next step is to turn on the watch so you can pair it with your phone. You can do this by pressing and holding the switch on the watch.
- Use the six-digit number displayed on the watch to complete the pairing process.
- The watch will automatically start updating as soon as the pairing is complete.
- Tweak the position of the handles in the noon position.
- Finally, you need to indicate on which arm you will wear the watch for accurate ECG measurements.
- You should ensure that you wear the watch correctly to take advantage of the features.
That is it; now, you can play around with the features so you can get used to them for quick and easy settings. There is more to the watch than just these steps; see everything you need to know here to enjoy the full benefits.
- This smartwatch comes with a long battery life
- It is easy to set it up and use the watch
- Nice and clear display for easy reading
- Many excellent fitness tracking features included
- Available in a range of face colors and three different sizes
- It doesn’t have a dark-out feature
- You don’t have an indication of when the battery is fully charged
A more affordable alternative to the ScanWatch is the MigoUfit smartwatch, which also comes with an analog display for that authentic look. It has seven sports modes to choose from to keep track of all your fitness and training activities without hassle.
It also has a waterproof feature, so you can wear it while swimming or even while taking a shower without causing damage. An easy touch screen allows quick access to all the available features to stay on top of your progress.
This is an ideal smartwatch for a range of athletes and anyone else who needs to keep track of their heart rate and more.
The overall ease of use of this smartwatch from Withings will make it a popular choice among professional athletes. The many necessary features included will allow you to keep track of your progress to improve your overall health and fitness.